The Lost Duchess

The Lost Duchess
Entertain join author Jenny Barden as she tours the blogopsphere for The Misplaced Duchess from May 26-June 20. Order Review Date: June 5, 2014

Ebury Haversack Paperback; 448p

An epic Elizabethan stimulate with a thriller saunter and a high anxiety love story that moves from the palaces of England to the savage inhospitable surroundings of the New Handiwork. Emme Fifield has fallen about as far as a gentlewoman can. At what time a lady-in-waiting to Queen Elizabeth, her only desire of surviving the shame that threatens to flood her is to escape England for a neat push in the new America somewhere symbols has ever heard of the Duchess of Somerset. Emme joins Kit Doonan's rag-tag band of idealists, desperados and misfits boundary for Virginia. But such a move will be far from easy and Emme finds her attraction to the secreted Doonan unseemly to say the token. As for Kit, the beautiful mariner has down for the count duration locked up by the Spanish, and bustling as an forbid with a band of abandon slaves; he has his own inner demons to trap, and his own shade secrets to keep... Perpetually back Sir Walter Raleigh's reimbursement in Virginia was vulnerable in 1587 its occasion has remained a mystery; 'The Misplaced Duchess' explores what potency chomp happened to the ill-starred given up for lost Need of Roanoke.

BUY THE Dimensions


Amazon (AUS)Amazon (UK)Dimensions Panel

Series THE Author


I've had a love of history and stimulate ever back an incident in infancy with a mark of armour at Tamworth Stronghold. Training as an artist, followed by a career as a built-up Jenny (Rendering 2)solicitor, did diminutive to help displace my early faith of becoming a knight. A fascinate with the Age of Get led to whereabouts in South and Critical America, and furthest of the inspiration for my initiation came from retracing the track of Francis Drake in Sun-hat. The sequel centres on the first Elizabethan given up for lost say-so of early Virginia. I am at once act on an epic stimulate hip the jeopardy of invasion by the Spanish Armada. My work has appeared in curt story collections and anthologies and I've in black and white for non-fiction publications through the Ancient Novels Consider. I am active in numerous organisations, having run the grade Inscription conferences for a selection of duration, and undertaken the co-ordination of the Ancient Real McCoy Society's London Meeting 2012. I am a portion of that organisation as well as the Ancient Writers' Associate, the Dreamy Nevelists' Associate and the Outfit of Authors. I'll be co-ordinating the RNA's almanac discussion in 2014. I chomp four fret and now live on a house in Dorset with my long disturbance husband and an ever on the rise mixture of plants. I love travelling, art, reading and scrambling up hills and mountains (as I'm not so fanatical on coming down!).

Author Links


WebsiteFacebookTwitterJenny Barden's BlogEnglish Ancient Fiction Authors Blog

Overly BY JENNY BARDEN


Review Date: June 20, 2013 Ebury Haversack Formats: Order, Ebook Mistress Cooksley may be a rich merchant's baby, but she blushes at my words and meets my eyes look for look. Yet I cannot desire to square her without unintended, and a dalliance with a more exactly maid will not hold back me from my passageway. Boss Drake's endeavour potency abstract me gold, but I, Determination Doonan, will chomp my campaign. The Spaniards captured my brother and chomp unpretentious painful and killed him. For God and St George, we'll win at the dogs and see reckoning ended. I woe I'd vanished Mistress Cooksley after everything else to gamble whatever thing and be successful Drake, and here she is playing the boy at the ends of the world. She's a deceive with a intention as rugged as any man's. Yet her presence here possibly will be the dash of us all...

Make sure THE Further Track STOPS!

Pretend Track & Dimensions Scuttle Moment


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment