By Dave

By Dave
So I'd consider myself a young-minded, intelligent and reasonably fit early 40-something male who happens to be attracted to women in their late '20s or early '30s. Does that instantly make me creepy? I find this societal pressure is just so freakin' binary. It isn't that black and white. People have these things call "feelings" - science would likely class this as a bio-chemo-physiological response, but I'd beg to differ.

I'm not expressly looking to meet someone in their late '20s, but I find my interests seem to be more aligned with prospective partners who fall within that age group. For me, it's not merely physical attraction, it's general interests.

I'd argue the notion that I'm being unrealistic - I'm merely drawn to what I 'feel' is physically and emotionally right for me personally.

Having lost 25 kilos due to a fitness regime I now stick with, I am also literally physically the fittest I've been in years. Why should I limit my opportunities to women in my age group - even more so when none of appear to share my interests?

That there's still a "right" age for a man to be dating a woman, seems nothing more than an old school notion dictated by society and it's a notion that definitely needs to change. We're trying to conform to a notion that is slowly losing social relevance as people live longer.

Origin: relationships-rescue.blogspot.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment