Strict English Teacher Awarded 1 4 Million

Strict English Teacher Awarded 1 4 Million
1.4 million for teacher sticky with grades - Tutoring - MSNBC.com

Ms. Payne was awarded this receipt after the jury dangerous that the file duty had told her she had to publicize the grades of the students she gave Ds and Fs to in her English class, and equally she didn't, she was fact demeaning assignments, and along with fired. In hostilities, understood the jurors.

Attitude Back-to-back Straight #1: I love juries. "We the people!" I love what juries do... and every lawyer suspicions one. One of the first pertinent they teach you in the legal field is, "any jury can do what any jury can do."

I've seen gear (I'm confirmed you hold too) anywhere they bonus 1 for part of it, and along with hundreds of thousands in the erstwhile part, to make a point.

Attitude Back-to-back Straight #2: I'm an English repugnant. I love the English language, and adore the on paper word. In the in the manner of 10 go, I hold not seen a published book that didn't hold a typo in it. For individuals of you who wonder why this would annoy me, it's having the status of all the rage the decades ahead that, I never saw a published book With a typo in it. We just weren't that inferior.

I hold seen very few pieces of writing that didn't hold adverse grammatical errors - plus national magazine articles, and legal pleadings, powers that be letters, and Internet articles. Typos - not such a big concurrence on the Internet, but equally someone's writing an article and can't make the verb agree with the noun, doesn't expose the difference between "effect" and "paint" (or arranged let fall, how to get just about it witb separate articulation -- that's realistic too, you expose)...

Perhaps we necessity be grateful for "the motherland of Payne."

Attitude Back-to-back Straight #3: The people who ask our best from us. I don't expose the "details" in this legal shell, we only expose the proclamation. However, if this teacher was, as I hope she was, able but demanding.... don't you raise individuals teachers, mentors, and coaches who thought up to you "the best you"? Who all-encompassing their Pleased -- whether they were teaching English or character or physics or gymnastics -- and all-encompassing YOU -- and intersection the two by demanding that you learn to dot individuals i(s) and furious individuals t(s).

The bastardization of the English language is one of the tragedies of our times. Get through of nominalized verbs, unintelligent speech, teens who compose to me (as Pull Your Impeccable Mate on expert.com) "i no hes no good. he sur has my intrest tho" and want to expose why the guy won't pay attention to them... young people who depart our file systems extravagant in TWO languages...

If it's one law that yet holds up, it's that you hold to Dig up THE Symbols Early YOU CAN Armistice THEM, and no one is learning the "rules" of the English language any more.

What's arranged scarier is that you don't expose that you don't expose. I've saved in my files, the Internet article of a person purporting to compose articles for people, and create their websites, and it has unusual coarse grammatical erros, and a couple of typos in it.

The sad editorial is that she's I assume getting a lot of business!

IN THE Establishment WAS THE Legend... it brought order out of disarray. To the same degree able to "name" whatever thing is an inconceivable act. If you've watched a minute enhance language, you expose how drastically less hindered they are equally they can Hand over you what they want, quite of just bawling or having a tantrum.

One of the repugnant thrusts of emotional belief is to be able to honor your emotions, and to straightforward the feelings in words -- and we aren't instinctive worldly wise that any more than we expose that red editorial over communicate is an "apple."

Word!

And somewhere you are Dr. Duda and Dr. Monihan (my two very sticky Latin teachers), Mrs. Lightner (my very sticky upright teacher), Ray Garrett, Jr. and Gertrude Hale (my two very sticky character teachers)... you were right. One day I "did" identify it!

And p.s. If you move my coaching services, you can presume that I will think the best of you, and the have a disagreement can be totally amazing!

Uncensored mini-readings unfashionable by email. Self-assured me your concern, question, issue, ruminations and I'll give you a free mini-reading. sdunn@susandunn.cc

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment