She S In Love With Her Closest Male Friend

She S In Love With Her Closest Male Friend Image
I've always been the type of girl who has tons of girlfriends, the kind of close confidants who share your secrets, passions, and dreams. When it comes to male friendships, I've had fun with the kind of casual buddies who I can chug beer and get down on wings with. But, rarely have I had close friendships with men that have not turned intimate. I can actually name the men I've considered best friends on one hand, who have been like brothers to me. All other male friendships couldn't remain as "just friends". Can a male and female ever truly be platonic friends? When a man and woman grow close, it seems one (or both) falls for the other.

Chick Flicks are not always the best examples of reality, but so many have portrayed this real-life dating scenario. If the most famous line in "When Harry Met Sally" is "I'll have what she's having," the most famous claim is that men and women can never be friends. "The sex part," according to Harry, "always gets in the way." Although Sally protests his assertion, Harry turns out to be right. After a decades-long friendship, sex does get in the way. Harry and Sally's relationship goes from platonic to romantic. In "My Best Friend's Wedding", Julianne realizes she's in love with her closest male friend the day he announces he's marrying someone else. We all want what we can't have. Even Scully and Mulder found themselves in bed and in love. And everyone's favorite 80's dork Duckie was head-over-heels in unrequited love with Andie in "Pretty in Pink".

Of course there are men and women who can (and do) keep "the sex part" on the back burner. I've had a few close male friends whom I trust and love like family, but never wanted to cross that line to be more than friends. I can acknowledge that they are handsome, attractive men, but I'm not attracted to them. I've loved them, but never been in love with them.

Do you believe men and women can be just friends? xo



Tags: adam lyons bootcamp  richard bandler seminars  tyler durdan  dale carnegie  tyler durdun  neil strauss download  courtney love neil strauss  david deangelo approaching women  relationship troubles  

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment