Poetry Is A Beautiful Nasty Word

Poetry Is A Beautiful Nasty Word
Free verse and I carry problems.

I've never really liked writing it, and I was never fairly guaranteed why. I tended to think, "Free verse is easy," but really I knew that tongue was not easy, and it does not come to me with pleasure. I carry to read a size of it for procession, and every day I sit down with my Perrine textbook/reader/torture useful and slough unequivocal a size of poems. My understanding is trouble-free. They are so very knotty and sometimes just one word gives barred the concluded meaning of the poem. Introduce was this one we read, and it was about a relationship involving a man and a woman, but I contemplation it was a woman talking to a young servant girl. See how deformed my appreciation of tongue is?

Peaceful, I did like this poem by William Carlos Williams:

so a great deal depends

upon

a red rattle

barrow

glazed with rain

river

beside the white

chickens

I really liked it. It struck me as inspired, not in the function of it had think language and descriptions on every line like the rest of them, but in the function of the image was laid out evidently for the reader. It's easy to understand what the poem is referring to, but the deeper context underneath it is so a great deal additional knotty. Of agenda, my teacher skipped over it, whether in the function of it was "too basic" or too trying for him I don't chance on.

I don't chance on if that in actual fact made appreciation. It does in my mind.

Anyways, I sort of made up a sister-poem. Cause of the flare, line by line, to my friend on Skype.

No.

This is the part everywhere we


read tongue about

wheelbarrows

and dance in the

rain being

it glazes the pavement

and then we taunt

in the function of what we carry

is love in a in nature

beefy

format of the best

variety

of friendship

So the ending is lame. But I contemplation it started out nice. Until taunt. Then it went put aside.

See? Free verse is hard. I do not understand the words piled upon the subject pretending to be textile that they're not. Maybe I carry no freshness. Wear through me a drawing, and let me appoint what that drawing is about.

**If you wish to do additional research on The Red Wheelbarrow poem, like I did, I show that you go to wikipedia. It's got a to be more precise good design of William Carlos Williams and his writing techinque in about 2 paragraphs. Submit, I'll supply a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The Red Wheelbarrow

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment