Roger N Elaine

Roger N Elaine
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 09:56:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: DragonTear Jesting Send the bill to

Let's say a guy named Roger is attracted to a woman named Elaine.
He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they specific a pretty good time. A few nights last he asks her out to banquet, and again they retain themselves. They hold to see each different steadily, and time was
a seeing as neither one of them is seeing somebody as well.
And after that, one end of the day each time they're gloomy home, a attention occurs to Elaine, and, without if truth be told thinking, she says it aloud: discharge you identify that, as of tonight, we've been seeing each different for
honest six months?'

And after that bestow is calm in the car. To Elaine, it seems like a very
clamorous calm. She thinks to herself: Geez, I phenomenon if it bothers him
that I alleged that. Most likely he's been feeling detained by our
relationship; doubtless he thinks
I'm trying to run into him into some civil of sense of duty that he doesn't
want, or isn't certain of.

And Roger is thinking: Gosh. Six months.

And Elaine is thinking: But, hey, I'm not so certain I want this civil of
relationship, either. Sometimes I wish I had a baby aloof take it easy, so
I'd specific time to think about whether I if truth be told want us to keep goodbye
the way we are, hauling regularly headed for... I mean, where are we
going? Are we just goodbye to keep seeing each different at this level of
intimacy? Are we name headed for marriage? Just before children? Just before a
lasting together? Am I ready for that level of commitment? Do I
if truth be told garb chronicle this person?

And Roger is thinking:... so that manner it was... let's see.

..February each time we started goodbye out, which was right time was I had the
car at the dealer's, which manner... lemme project the odometer...
Whoa! I am way late for an oil change inside.

And Elaine is thinking: He's worry. I can see it on his pretense. Most likely
I'm reading this moral crime. Most likely he wants aloof from our
relationship, aloof convenience, aloof commitment; doubtless he has sensed --
garb ahead of time I sensed it -- that I was feeling some qualms. Yes,
I bet that's it. That's why he's so weak to say at all about
his own feelings. He's appalling of being rejected.

And Roger is thinking: And I'm gonna specific them look at the
dissemination again. I don't care what make somewhere your home morons say, it's still not
varying right.
And they better not try to flaw it on the spur-of-the-moment weather this time.
Such as spur-of-the-moment weather? It's 87 degrees out, and this division is varying
like a goddamn gibberish van, and I compensated make somewhere your home dishonorable thieves
600.

And Elaine is thinking: He's spiky. And I don't flaw him. I'd be spiky,
too.
God, I feel so merciless, putting him focus this, but I can't help the
way I feel. I'm just not certain.

And Roger is thinking: They'll probably say it's only a 90- day
assurance. That's honest what they're gonna say, the scumballs.

And Elaine is thinking: doubtless I'm just too idealistic, waiting for a
knight to come riding up on his ashen colt, each time I'm present right
arrival to a righteous good person, a person I retain being with, a person
I critically do care about, a person who seems to critically care about me. A
person who is in bother ever since of my gluttonous, daughter romantic
hope.

And Roger is thinking: Warranty? They want a warranty? I'll give them
a goddamn assurance. I'll bring their assurance and thrash it right up
their......

'Roger,' Elaine says aloud.

'What?' says Roger, astonished.

be suitable for don't torture yourself like this,' she says, her eyes
precede to healthy with cry. doubtless I should never specific.. Oh God,
I feel so......'

(She breaks down, sorrowful.)

'What?' says Roger.

'I'm such a con,' Elaine sobs. 'I mean, I chronicle there's no knight.
I if truth be told chronicle that. It's nuts. There's no knight, and there's no
colt.'

'There's no horse?' says Roger.

'You think I'm a con, don't you?' Elaine says.

'No!' says Roger, arrange to sooner or later chronicle the rightful mend.

'It's just that... It's that I... I need some time,' Elaine
says.

(Hand over is a 15-second wavering seeing as Roger, thinking as fast as he can,
tries to come up with a safe rush back. In recent times he comes up with one
that he thinks coerce work.)

trustworthy,' he says.

(Elaine, powerfully moved, touches his pitch.)

'Oh, Roger, do you if truth be told feel that way?' she says.

for example way?' says Roger.

'That way about time,' says Elaine.

'Oh,' says Roger. trustworthy.'

(Elaine turns to pretense him and gazes powerfully into his eyes, causing him
to become very bashful about what she coerce say arrival, more if it
involves a colt. At definitive she speaks.)

'Thank you, Roger,' she says.

'Thank you,' says Roger.

Later he takes her home, and she lies on her bed, a conflicted,
tortured soul, and weeps until sunrise, whereas each time Roger gets back to
his place, he opens a bag of Doritos, turns on the TV, and at this moment
becomes powerfully phobia in a play again of a tennis match between two
Czechoslovakians he never heard of. A minor invent in the far recesses
of his mind tells him that everything grave was goodbye on back bestow in
the car, but he is pretty certain bestow is no way he would ever
understand what, and so he information it's better if he doesn't think
about it. (This is also Roger's program near world ravenousness.)

The arrival day Elaine will call her contiguous friend, or doubtless two of
them, and they will talk about this situation for six accord hours.
In assiduous scrupulous, they will scrutinize everything she alleged and
everything he alleged, goodbye over it time and time again, exploring every
word, make a face, and motion for nuances of meaning, when
every feasible consequence. They will hold to gossip this
part, off and on, for weeks, doubtless months, never reaching any
uninhibited conclusions, but never getting bored with it, either.

Meanwhile, Roger, seeing as playing racquetball one day with a mutual
friend of his and Elaine's, will wavering just ahead of time ration, expression,
and say:

degree, did Elaine ever own a horse?'



Source: pickup-girls-advices.blogspot.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment