Gay Marriage Obama Says Yes

Gay Marriage Obama Says Yes
Barack Obama has become the first assembly supervisor to position his support for same-sex marriage.

This is brilliant.

Watch:


In a sit-down interview with [US TV] ABC's Robin Roberts, Obama spoke about the walk of his opinion on the matter.

"I've consistently been firm that gay and lesbian Americans prerequisite be treated quite and to the same degree," Obama told Roberts..Acquaint with is what he hypothetical (especially as tape leader):

"I peculiar to tell you that over the method of a selection of excitement as I peculiar talked to friends and family and neighbors while I think about members of my own male who are in for all you are worth calm monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising feel sorry for yourself together, while I think about colonize host or airmen or marines or sailors who are out at hand conflict on my behalf and yet feel abut, constant now that Don't Ask Don't Direct is outdated, having the status of they are not able to hand over themselves in a marriage, at a clear point I've just far-reaching that for me personally it is zenith for me to go not eat and affirm that I think especially sex couples prerequisite be able to get married," Obama hypothetical.

On the a good deal permit, on Tuesday early evening [US time], the provision of North Carolina conceded an modify that defined marriage as a association amid a man and a woman. The supervisor has spoken his gust with this stance. [See a to some extent amusing view on this, below].

As the diplomatic necessitate mounted, the supervisor fully chose to speak out Wednesday, with the White Home-produced heedlessly setting up a sit-down interview."It's interesting, some of this is what's more generational," the supervisor hypothetical. "You differentiate while I go to college campuses, sometimes I talk to college Republicans who think that I peculiar huge policies on the prudence, on curious system, but are very breezy that while it comes to especially sex similitude or, you differentiate, prestige in similitude. They are notably senior comfy with it. You differentiate, Malia and Sasha, they peculiar friends whose parents are same-sex couples. Offer peculiar been times anywhere Michelle and I peculiar been assembly roughly speaking the feast table and we're talking about their friends and their parents and Malia and Sasha, it wouldn't outset on them that one way or another their acquaintances parents would be treated differently. It doesn't make idea to them and honestly, that's the good of organization that prompts a change in slope."

The part that got me correspond at hand is the consideration with his girls.

So: thoughts?


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment