Looking For Freedom

Looking For Freedom Image
This time Jenn teased us with a great topic, Freedom. I had the chance of reading her posting this morning and I had the whole day to give it a thought. But somehow I had an earworm all the time, I could not get it away, did you ever hear the sing Looking for Freedom by David Hasselhof? (the guy who got famous for his role in Baywatch)

One morning in june some twenty years ago


I was born a rich man's son

I had everything that money could buy


But freedom - I had none

I've been lookin' for freedom


I've been lookin' so long

I've been lookin' for freedom


Still the search goes on

I've been lookin' for freedom


Since I left my home town

I've been lookin' for freedom


Still it can't be found

I headed down the track, my baggage on my back

I left the city far behind


Walkin' down the road, with my heavy load

Tryin' to find some peace of mind


Father said you'll be sorry, son,

If you leave your home this way


And when you realize the freedom money buys

You'll come running home some day


I paid a lotta dues, had plenty to lose

Travelling across the land


Worked on a farm, got some muscle in my arm

But still I'm not a self-made man


I'll be on the run for many years to come

I'll be searching door to door


But, given some time, some day I'm gonna find

The freedom I've been searchin' for


Some glimpses for freedom

FREEDOM OF SPEECH


"The right to freedom of speech is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression."

FREEDOM TO VOTE


"Women's suffrage or woman suffrage is the right of women to vote and to run for office. The expression is also used for the economic and political reform movement aimed at extending these rights to women and without any restrictions or qualifications such as property ownership, payment of tax, or marital status. The movement's modern origins are attributed to late-18th century France. In 1893, the British colony of New Zealand became the first self-governing nation to extend the right to vote to all adult women, and the women of the nearby colony of South Australia achieved the same right in 1895 but became the first to obtain also the right to stand (run) for Parliament (women did not win the right to run for the New Zealand legislature until 1919). The first European country to introduce women's suffrage was the Grand Principality of Finland and that country, then a part of the Russian Empire with autonomous powers, produced the world's first female members of parliament as a result of the 1907 parliamentary elections."

More here



FREEDOM TO TRAVEL


"Freedom of movement, mobility rights or the right to travel is a human rights concept that the constitutions of numerous states respect. It asserts that a citizen of a state, in which that citizen is present has the liberty to travel, reside in, and/or work in any part of the state where one pleases within the limits of respect for the liberty and rights of others, and to leave that state and return at any time. Some immigrants' rights advocates assert that human beings have a fundamental human right to mobility not only within a state but between states."

I believe that we should be free to speak, vote, travel, love, read, write... And I am grateful that I feel and am free!

Tags: neil strauss openers  david deangelo pick up lines  tyler durden pua  robert glover  rion williams  neil strauss pics  david deangelo body language  training activities for communication skills  how to get my ex girl friend back  

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment