Is The First Lady Setting A New Standard Of Beauty

Is The First Lady Setting A New Standard Of Beauty
~ I elementary wrote this quote generally three lifetime ago on May 21, 2009. It was anon on one occasion the presentation of Supervisor Obama, and uniform on one occasion only a few soaring months into his term, I knew that the world had shifted on it's pivot.

Yes, it was due to the obtrusive implications of the Accomplice States base the world by selection a black man into the top part in the land, but as well seeing that the number one woman in the go ashore was in lieu of "us", in all our majesty, to that exact world. A world that had been told for centuries that we're wounded, unappealing, offensive and unfeminine. And also in the field of comes this "holy being" named Michelle LaVaughn Obama"," and in the split second of an eye, it was a total new ballgame.

The world was leaving to see this beautiful, finish, brilliant, trendy woman "all the time" and not just just the once Hollywood felt like throwing us all a bone when a decade. Anyhow what she's had to work these in imitation of few lifetime (being called a ape, fat, and wounded too common times to count), she always rises excellent the haters and continues to gleam the world.

Do I still think that the Crown Female is setting a new familiar of beauty? Hell, yes. As notably as we despise it, there's a trigger the attacks on black women benefit from been so in public ramped up simply. And that trigger lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ditch and is one of the most flaming women in the world. And oh yeah, did I comment that uniform a hundred lifetime from now, she'll "still" be relevant?

It's not too hard to grow out why some group are shaking in their platforms, huh?

~ * ~

I've been thought this question for the in imitation of few days on one occasion I expected an email at work with photos of Crown Female Michelle Obama looking superb at luggage compartment week's Verbal communication Go bust at the Ashen Obey (pictured excellent).

It made me sign whether this beautiful, in focus black woman has begun to set a new familiar of draw in a go ashore that has exalted the blue-eyed, size two blonde look for decades. Our young girls benefit from been subjected to the exalted descriptions of women who look vacuum like them for so long that it's easy for them to feel "less than."

I brightly grasp putting a dehydrated over my own kinky fleece just the once I was a young girl, pretending that it was in fact the long, flowing, "good" become annoyed that I'd wished I'd been instinctive with. I used to wish I was light-skinned with green eyes, seeing that to my young and yielding mind, the boys pondering dwell in girls were far prettier than my own blond brown hue and dark-brown eyes.

That's what I saw on TV, in pictures, in music videos, in magazines, on catwalks, and on the arms of men of all races. It made an impression on me (and not a good one either). Now that I'm major and wiser, I've come to love my brown wrapping, brown eyes, and wild, dirty become annoyed. But some young girls aren't hand over yet. For so long, black women benefit from been marginalized and stereotyped; made to feel like the unappealing stepsisters in American society's mimic of Cinderella.

But now we benefit from a black Crown Female who is prestigious, quick-witted, finish, tempting, compelling and settlement. With her small waist and voluptuous curves, Michelle Obama broaden genuinely represents customary women crossways America-black, gray "and" brown. As a black woman, I find it hard thoughtful that this brilliant, brown-skinned African American woman is uniform broaden popular than her intensely popular husband based on the unthinkable butt of her personality and mode in parallel.

She looks like me; she looks like my mother; she looks like my grandmother. Peak unluckily, she looks like a total era of young black girls who see this smart, beautiful woman and get hold of that no matter what society dictates, they are smart and beautiful too. It's accepted for them to see a happy, uninjured black family. It's crucial for them to see this strong, black woman being treated with love and respect by her flaming, black husband.

Is Michelle Obama leaving to set a new familiar of draw for our image-conscious country? I think so, and it's scaring the hell out of dwell in group who're trying to buy onto the status quo in a casualty wear. But the train has ahead of moved out the trench, group. Bits and pieces are irregular and I can't hand out.

I knew that the cast your vote of our country's first black lead would be a arrogant and profound peninsula in our history. Such as I wasn't provide with for was how having a black Crown Female would make "me" feel.

And let me tell you...it feels "fabulous".


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment